SHREVEPORT COMMERCIAL ROOFING MAINTENANCE PLAN
Properly maintaining the roof above your biggest investment does more than protect your commercial property. A Shreveport commercial roofing maintenance plan also saves you money by prolonging the roof’s service life. A roof replacement is not cheap, so it’s best to take care of your roof with proper check-ups and needed repairs.
Debris collects on roofs, and animals can cause damage in a short amount of time. Our professional roofing contractors increase your roof’s lifespan and ensure it provides comfort and safety for years to come. Our locally-owned professional roof repair company has the knowledge and skills to address any issue affecting your roof. We are roofing specialists who service and maintain various roof types and materials, including roll roofing, TPO membrane, bitumen roofing, metal roofing, and asphalt shingles.
You can trust the roofing experts at Golden Roofing to do the job right every time.
What is a Roof Maintenance Program?
A commercial roofing maintenance program allows your roofing contractor to regularly inspect, clean, and maintain your commercial roof to address or prevent damage. A maintenance plan also allows building owners and managers to upkeep their roofs and meet the conditions of their manufacturer’s warranty. Regular roofing check-ups catch minor problems and correct them before they grow into bigger, more expensive issues.
The maintenance plans at Golden Roofing include:
- Cleaning the drainage systems
- Debris removal
- Inspections after severe weather
- Routine checks for chimney or roof damage
Maintenance contracts benefit building owners and property managers in several ways. First, a contract provides routine maintenance and repairs at a more affordable cost. You can increase the service life of your roof system with regular maintenance. And a contract holds your Shreveport roof repair contractor accountable for the quality of their product.
Why are Commercial Roof Maintenance Plans Important?
As a property manager or owner, maintaining the roof is your responsibility. When a roof is not properly maintained with regular inspections, cleaning, and repairs, it may void the manufacturer’s warranty. You could cover the costs of repairs or a replacement if damage occurs.
A typical roof warranty requires an annual inspection by a licensed contractor. Not only does this requirement benefit the property owner, but it also benefits the warranty company. The inspector looks for current problems and potential future problems during each inspection. More complex issues are avoided in the future when problems are caught early and repaired.
However, a superb maintenance plan goes beyond inspections and repairs and includes gutter cleanings, mending flashings, and minor repairs. Roof maintenance programs keep you within your warranty guidelines, increase your roof’s useful life, and give you peace of mind.
Roof Inspection Shreveport
It’s easy to forget about up keeping your roof. However, regular roof maintenance is a task you don’t want to overlook. Annual inspections are vital to the health and longevity of your roof. When you have a Shreveport commercial roofing maintenance plan with Golden Roofing, you don’t even have to set a reminder. Our friendly office staff calls you each year and schedules your check-up.
The roofing professionals at Golden Roofing pay close attention to several items when assessing your roof’s condition:
- Broken or missing shingles
- Buckling, blistering, or curling shingles
- Check for accumulated debris and dirt
- Cracked caulk
- Damaged or missing chimney cap
- Roof leaks
- Rust spots on flashing
- Piles of granules in the gutter system
- Presence of lichen or moss
- Vent pipes with worn or cracked rubber boots
Moss or lichen on a roof may signify a rotting roof. You may also have a problem if your shingles shed large amounts of granules. This sand-like grit protects the shingles from the sun’s UV rays. A large amount of granule loss indicates your roof may be nearing the end of its useful life.
After giving your roof a thorough inspection, our roof technicians begin making minor repairs and fixes to any issues they discover.
Shreveport Roof Repair
Several roofing situations require immediate attention. The shingles on your roof should be replaced right away if they are damaged, loose, or missing. A professional roofer must also fix roof leaks before they cause severe damage. Leaks most commonly occur from roof penetrations. Penetrations include anything that projects through the roof, such as chimneys, plumbing and roof vents, and dormers. Timely repairs to a roof leak can mean the difference between a simple repair and a complete roof replacement.
It is true that Mother Nature does her fair share of roof damage; however, bad roofers are the primary source of most roof repairs. When a roofing company provides low-quality work on your project, it leads to one roof issue after another. Endless problems and repairs cost you money, time, and stress. A Shreveport roofing maintenance agreement helps reduce the damage caused by roofers who cut corners.
Golden Roofing only hires the best roofers, so our clients can rest easy knowing their roofing system is in the best hands. No matter what our Louisiana weather throws at your roof, our professional roofing contractors can fix it right the first time.
How to Get Started With a Roof Maintenance Plan
A roof maintenance plan is vital for multiple reasons. First and most importantly, it protects your investment. Your roof is an essential protective barrier against the elements. Properly maintaining your roof system extends the life of your roof and also uncovers problems like roof leaks before they soak insulation and other materials, grow mold, and damage the building’s interior and contents.
What to Look for in Commercial Roofing Contractors
A building’s roof is one of its essential components and provides structural support and shields a building’s interior from the elements. You need a reputable, licensed roofing company with decades of experience delivering long-lasting quality work on your investment.
Consider these factors when choosing the best commercial roofer for your project:
- Choose Local – Selecting a local company is essential, so you may stop by as needed and receive more personalized attention.
- Check Their Credentials – Louisiana requires licensing for roofing contractors. You can check your roofer’s license with the state licensing board. Also, please speak with the roofing company about any certifications they hold.
- Insurance Coverage – Proper insurance coverage protects you and your property from damages. A reputable roofing company carries insurance.
- Recommendations – Ask for roofer recommendations from trusted family and friends. First-hand experience is an excellent indicator of future performance.
- Read Reviews – Search Google and other online review sites for reviews. Customer reviews give a good picture of a company’s service quality, experience, reliability, and customer service. Many company websites and social media accounts also have customer testimonials and feedback.
- Don’t Just Focus on Cost – You don’t want to end up with a low-quality roof by paying for shoddy roof work. Compare quotes from different roofers and select the contractor that fits your budget and standards.
- Experience – The roofing company you hire should have extensive experience in the industry. So, you should check how long they’ve been in the roofing business. Their expertise and knowledge equip them with the skills to handle various roof repair or installation issues.
- Warranty – A warranty is very beneficial, so select a contractor that warranties their work. A warranty could provide free replacements or repairs if your roof performs poorly or fails because of shoddy workmanship or materials.
Roofing Maintenance Program Expectations
Each professional roofing company handles its maintenance programs differently. However, there are some points you should keep in mind when setting up your Shreveport commercial roofing maintenance plan:
Set the Annual Budget
The importance of setting a realistic budget ahead of time cannot be overstated. You need the maintenance program to cover the entire year while leaving money in your budget for potential roofing emergencies. Several factors may impact your plan’s budget:
- Your contractor’s reputation and reliability
- Number of visits included in the plan
- Services included in the plan
- Your facility’s location
- The size of your building
Select Your Services
Your budget determines the services you select for your plan. Be sure to keep in mind the services your facility needs most and what your contractor offers. Most programs include the following options:
- Debris removal
- Drain and gutter cleaning
- Minor general repairs
- Roof assessments
- Roof status reports
- Visual inspections
Set Up a Maintenance Schedule
The National Roofing Contractors Association recommends twice annual maintenance. You must also have your roofing contractor assess your roof and perform needed repairs after a major weather event that includes hail, strong wind, or severe storms. Such an inspection includes removing debris from HVAC units or other penetrations. It also ensures the flashings, copings, or other roof system components have no damage.
Licensed and Insured Shreveport Commercial Roofing Contractors
The Golden Roofing team treats each roofing project as if it were the roof over our own homes. We proudly offer the highest level of craftsmanship and standards on all roofing systems we service, repair, or install. Hiring our company to upkeep the roof on your industrial, commercial, or manufactured building and extend its service life with a Shreveport commercial roofing maintenance plan is an easy choice.
No matter what type of roof your building may have, its condition, and whether Golden Roofing installed it, we are here to handle all your roof maintenance, and repair needs promptly and efficiently. Our expert team of Shreveport roof contractors provides free no-obligation commercial roof quotes for every commercial or residential client. Please contact us at (318) 355-6300 when you want to protect your roof with a maintenance plan or need help with a roof replacement or repair.
We service Shreveport and the surrounding areas, including Ruston, Minden, Bossier City, and Monroe. Contact us to schedule your free estimate today!
24/7 Emergency roof repair services to stop leaks fast.